Friday, April 3, 2009

Smell of Books™

Too late for April 1, but still timely for nostalgists: Smell of Books™, "a revolutionary new aerosol e-book enhancer."

When I've asked my students, digital natives all, what they think about the idea of reading on a Kindle, several have said that they would miss the smell of books. "What!" said I. "Are you from the nineteenth century or something?" They weren't joking, and they wouldn't budge.

Related posts
From the Doyle edition
No Kindle for me

(via The Daily Dish)

comments: 3

T. said...

I'll admit it: I'm a life-long book-sniffer. I love the smell of books. Relieved to have some company! (Okay, maybe your students weren't actually SNIFFING but just letting the aroma waft up from the page...but close enough!) :)

Michael Leddy said...

T., you just made me remember a Gregory Corso poem that I'll find and post tomorrow.

Matthew Schmeer said...

I don't sniff books; I inhale them.