Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Marshall Fine (1956–2014)

Marshall was a character, a singular person. He always seemed to me like a man who stepped into our world from the nineteenth century, a learned professor of some -ology or other. (He was in truth a violist, violinist, pianist, conductor, and composer.) As Elaine wrote today, stories about Marshall “are ALWAYS interesting and colorful.” There will be less color in the world without him.

Elaine has posted two photographs of herself and her brother in kidhood and adulthood.

comments: 11

Fresca said...

Oh, no...
I am so sorry to hear that Marshall died. My heart goes out to you and Elaine.
Lux aeterna luceat eis...

Elaine said...

That is very, very sad.
My own brother (b. 1950) had a serious heart attack a few years ago--out of the blue--and only survived because his wife had (breaking several laws) gotten him to Walter Reed ER in the nick of time. When the phone rang at 6:30 a.m. I knew something was very wrong, with someone I loved, somewhere.
My heart aches for you, the living.

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, Fresca.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Elaine. That’s one lucky brother, and one plucky spouse.

Berit said...

My condolences for your family's loss. I will continue to send good vibes for your best in this time.

The Crow said...

I don't know how to embed a link in a comment, but this song filled my head , my heart, when I read your post and saw the pictures Elaine posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcSqI1KZiLI

I'm very sorry for your loss and your heartache, the sadness of losing a brother and friend.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Berit. And thanks, Martha. That’s a beautiful song.

Daughter Number Three said...

I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences to Elaine and all of your family.

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, Pat.

Slywy said...

I'm so sorry.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Diane.